- Students were asked two question:
- What is the greatest invention using only 5 words?
- Who is the greatest scientist using only 5 words?
- All students respond to the questions posted.
- Students posted different ideas, very few repeats.
- Students are still looking at the list generated.
What didn’t work?
- Keeping middle school students quiet.
- Added more questions
How did your students respond to the routine?
- I heard students debated different ideas posted with comments like “I like this one because”, or Why this one?
- These questions lead to higher levels of thought and discussion
- They like sharing their ideas and opinions
How did the routine affect you?
- I was quickly able to see if the students were engaged
- I have a content to build off of from the activity to use in other parts of the unit
What was the lasting impact after completing the routine?
- Students were engaged
- They discussed the topics presented
- They enjoyed moving from table to table
- They were engaged